Dog allergies can be extremely irritating, not just to your dog, but to you as well. They are hard to deal with since they can be a chronic condition. Not to mention it can be hard to pinpoint what exactly is causing the allergy symptoms. And to pinpoint what the allergen could be, you should have your dog tested for allergies. Here are also a few steps that you can take for some quick dog allergy relief.
- Separate your dog from its allergens. If your dog has been eating anything lately, you should stop them from eating that. Your dog could have a food allergy.
- Wash your dog with a wet cloth, and pay close attention to its paws. The allergens could have stuck to the underside of your dog’s paws. So it is important to remove those allergies.
- Give your dog a bath with some hypoallergenic shampoo. A bath is a very effective dog allergy relief method. However, you should take care to use hypoallergenic shampoo. Other types of shampoos could be causing the allergic reaction.
- Supplements that contain omega 3 and biotin can be helpful. These kinds of supplements have been shown to improve the immune system. So you could get some dog allergy relief from giving your pet these supplements.
- Take your dog to the vet. Your dog will need some medication, such as antihistamines. Vets can also give puppies allergy shots, to boost their immune system.
It is essential that you follow these steps for dog allergy relief. Dogs can hurt themselves if their allergy symptoms are left untreated. Skin rashes and itchiness can cause some dogs to scratch too much. And they create wounds and cuts on their bodies from excessive scratching and biting. So it is quite important that you get your dog allergy relief as soon as possible.